Many people have turned to green tea pills for weight loss after having heard all the wonderful benefits of the green tea extract. Its fat burning properties have been mentioned in Dr. Oz show as well as many other places. But do green tea supplements really work at helping you lose weight?
Allegedly, the green tea diet pills are supposed to make you burn calories without any exercise. There are many products claiming to do this. However, to say that you absolutely need no exercise at all might be less than fact.
Green Tea Pills Weight Loss Benefits
You might already know that green tea is full of healthy antioxidants. And yes, you might have heard of green tea capsules for weight loss as well. So what are the benefits of green tea pills and how do they help with weight loss?
There has been a number of human studies on green tea extract. These studies show that taking green tea supplements with standardized active compound on a regular basis will help you lose weight. This is because it increases your body’s use of energy, and when you use more energy you burn more fat!
The great thing about green tea extract is that it helps with reducing dangerous belly fat that are known to bring about many life-threatening diseases (heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc). It has been proven that potent green tea supplements will also help you lower LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and blood pressure simultaneously.
There are three main components in green tea that help you to lower your body weight:
Theanine increases the release of dopamines which has a calming effect on nervous system. This reduces stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety – A study from 2007 published in Biological Psychology showed that Theanine has an anti-depressant effect. Stress hormones are known to cause weight gain, especially around the stomach. So if you want to lose your belly fat then green tea pills might be a good choice.
- Lowers Depression – According to a 2011 study published in Phytotherapy Research Theanine helped lower depression. The big problem with depression is that it cause overeating. We all know that when we feel sad we like to eat something sweet.
Caffeine does two things. It increases your metabolism and gives you an energy boost making you more active. Both of these helps you burn fat. That is why regular green tea diet pills work better than decaffeinated ones. Just make sure you don’t overload on caffeine as that is not healthy. It is recommended that you should not have more than 200mg of caffeine per day. One serving of most green tea weight loss pills is with caffeine at the range of 150-200 mg of caffeine.
EGCG And Catechins
Catechins are antioxidants found in tea and have many health benefits such as lowering the risk of cancer and Alzheimer’s. One other important health benefit is their ability to burn away abdominal fat. The most powerful Catechin is EGCG which is abundant in green tea;
- A double-blind study in The Journal of Nutrition showed that taking 625 mg of green tea Catechins (of which 136 was EGCG) reduced the belly fat of the participants giving them slimmer waists.
- Another study showed that taking 90 mg of EGCG three times a day (270 mg total) increase your metabolism and burns of an extra 100-200 kcal per day. This equals around 1 – 1.5 pounds (0.5 – 0.75 kg) a month without you doing anything.
The big problem is that the amount of EGCG in liquid green tea is very uncertain. If you want to get 270 mg EGCG you would have to drink up to 10 cups of tea and then you still wouldn’t know how much you got. That is why green tea extract pills are so good. They give you exactly what you need when you need it.
Side Effects Of Green Tea Pills
There are not any known side effects but if you are taking any medication or have any health conditions please consult with your doctor first.
Green tea supplements can interfere with medications you are taking and also remember that it contains caffeine. So if you are sensitive to caffeine you might want to buy decaffeinated green tea pills instead.
Green Tea Fat Burner Pills Reviews
There is no such thing as a quick fix when it comes to losing weight but the famous TV doctor Oz tells us that green tea will help us lose weight. Regular physical exercise and a healthy eating plan should be the main focus of any good weight loss program. But green tea diet pills can make you reach your weight loss goals faster plus they will help you lose that stubborn belly fat.
If you are looking for a particular green tea pill Dr. Oz recommends, the chances are you won’t find a specific product. However, there are specific qualities of potent products with the green tea weight loss extract in.
The specifications are;
- Look for a product that has at least 45% of EGCG or at least 90 mg per serving
- It does show that using green tea extract (EGCG) in combination with other ingredients such as CLA (conjugated linoleic acids), raspberry ketone, chromium, vitamin B6 will accelerate the caloric expenditure. That means you will be able to lose the body fat faster.
- Green tea extract in itself can work as a natural appetite suppressant. But when combined with ingredients such as CLA, Chromium, or Hoodia Gordonii, it can be a powerful supplement to help curb appetite.
Best Green Tea Supplement for Weight Loss
The following products are green tea extract capsules that I recommend and that I personally think are better than their competitors.
Mega Green Tea Extract by Life Extension
I recommend this product especially to those who cannot tolerate high amount of caffeine but want to get the weight loss benefits from green tea’s EGCG. The product is made of high-quality standardized extract and it is decaffeinated. It is concentrated with a high amount of EGCG or the good stuff of the green tea with minimal caffeine. It is reasonably priced for the high-quality supplement (costs between US$17-19 per one month supply, depending on the vendor).
This product is particularly created for those of you who find that you have an uncontrollable appetite for food or just simply craving for junk food. The blend consists of green tea extract, Hoodia Gordonii (natural appetite suppressant from cactus), white kidney bean (carb blocker), L-Methionine.
This product is a bit pricey (US$ 69 per one-month supply) but it’s an all-in-one product (carb blocker, metabolism booster, and an appetite suppressant), so there is no need for you to buy several different products.
NatureWise High Potency CLA 1250 Supplement
Dr. Oz recommends taking CLA (3400mg/day) in combination with drinking green tea to boost the belly fat burning effect. We recommend NatureWise High Potency CLA 1250 Supplement as it is the best value and quality of CLA for its price (US$21 / one month supply).